Open Tent Academy is a consortium of phenomenal instructors who offer homeschooling (and “after-schooling”) students an array of amazing classes. All of our OTA instructors are committed to excellence in education. Our goal is to guide students, allowing them to ponder, think, analyze, and draw their own conclusions – all under the guidance of our teachers and their families. We believe that this is best accomplished through interactive classes filled with discussion and open-ended questions. We want your children to think!
Parents can opt for one class, or a full curriculum. The decision is yours to make! You can (and should) always decide what is the best approach for your family. Our OTA staff is here to offer guidance when needed. Please do not hesitate to reach out to either Eva Goldstein-Meola (our Director), Jonathan Meola (our co-Founder), or to any of our instructors. All OTA Instructor email addresses are displayed on the main Instructor page.
Please note: OTA does not provide a diploma. We are a service provider that offers classes. That said, our classes for high school students can be translated into the equivalent of high school credits. This is based factors such as: number of hours, expectations, homework given etc. Please look on the class’s individual syllabus for further details.
What sets OTA apart from the rest?
- Amazing hand-picked instructors who are passionate about their courses.
- An amazing Learning Management System (LMS) that parents and students can access 24/7. This will keep the students on top of their classwork with reminders, assignments posted, grades posted, interactive videos, and more!
- State-of-the-art virtual classroom technology.
- Our classes are presented LIVE in real-time! We also record the live class sessions for future viewing.
- Our instructors engage the students in stimulating dialogue.
- Small class setting.
- Challenging and meaningful assignments. We want our students to think!
- Evaluations on each assignment through written feedback, oral feedback (audio), or video feedback.
- Project based learning.
While we teach, we learn…Seneca, Roman philosopher
At OTA, our students become teachers! Studies show that students learn best when they are asked to teach; therefore, during each class students will be asked to put together a presentation, video, or share something that they learned and explain it to the class.