CSI: American History – 1920’s and 1930’s – Grades 5 – 8 – Spring 2022 – 10 Weeks
Thursday, March 31 2022 @ 1:00PM – Tuesday, August 30 2022 @ 2:30PM EDT
Day of Week:Thursday
Class Times:1:00PM – 2:30PM (ET)
Grade/Level:5 – 8
Instructor Email:[email protected]
Have your learner join us this spring for a fun-filled, hands-on investigations into some great American History topics from the 1920’s and 1930’s!
In this ten-week course, we will:
- Study a variety of source materials
- Analyze possible scenarios, and
- Work together to answer questions from a variety of disciplines
— all in an attempt to uncover the true stories behind these historical events.
Weekly topics to be covered will include:
- The Origins of the “Red Scare” (1919-1920)
- What Caused the Tulsa Race Riots (1921)
- The “Teapot Dome” Scandal & the death of President Harding (1920-1923)
- What Caused the 1920’s “Consumer Revolution?”
- Prohibition & the Rise of Organized Crime (1920-1933)
- The Harlem Renaissance – Who Created & Contributed to it? (1920’s-1930’s)
- “Murderer’s Row” – How the New York Yankees Dominated Major League Baseball (1921-1939)
- From Boom to Bust: What Caused the 1929 Stock Market Crash? (1929)
- FDR, Fireside Chats, and the Dust Bowl (1933-1938)
- Wrap-up: Class Project/Presentation
Students can expect approximately one hour of homework weekly.
NOTE: Registration deadline is March 1, 2022.
There must be a minimum of FIVE students to run this class.
How did that happen????
My daughter normally is nervous with history classes because of memorizing dates. It was a breath of fresh air to find a history class that focused on the who, what and why. She was able to organize what she learned her way and retained more information that way. The assignments provided were open ended and allowed my daughter to think how the events may have happened and work on supporting her thought.
It was also a great “camp” in the summer during COVID.