CSI: American History – United States – Grades 5 – 8 – Fall 2021 – 10 Weeks
Thursday, October 7 2021 @ 1:00PM - Tuesday, March 8 2022 @ 2:30PM EDT| $150.00
- Day of Week
- Class Times
- 1:00PM - 2:30PM (ET)
- Jonathan Meola
- Instructor Email:
- [email protected]
- 5th - 8th
- Course Syllabus:
Have your learner join us this fall for a fun-filled, hands-on investigations into some great American History topics!
In this ten-week course, we will:
- Study a variety of source materials
- Analyze possible scenarios, and
- Work together to answer questions from a variety of disciplines
— all in an attempt to uncover the true stories behind these historical events.
Weekly topics to be covered will include:
- Lost Colony of Roanoke
- Salem Witch Trials – Was there witchcraft in Salem?
- Abraham Lincoln Assassination: Lincoln, Booth, Surratt!
- The Donner Party: What Happened to The Donner Party?
- Cuban Missile Crisis: Cuba, Castro, Kennedy, Khrushchev, & Cold War!
- JFK Assassination: Kennedy, Oswald, CIA, Soviets, & More!
- The KKK and the Civil Rights Movement
- Tulsa Race Riots: What Led to Them?
- What Caused the 1920’s “Consumer Revolution?”
- Murderer’s Row” – How the New York Yankees Dominated Major League Baseball
Students can expect approximately one hour of homework weekly.
NOTE: Registration deadline is September 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of FIVE students to run this class.
How did that happen????
My daughter normally is nervous with history classes because of memorizing dates. It was a breath of fresh air to find a history class that focused on the who, what and why. She was able to organize what she learned her way and retained more information that way. The assignments provided were open ended and allowed my daughter to think how the events may have happened and work on supporting her thought.
It was also a great “camp” in the summer during COVID.