CSI: World – Grades 5 – 8 – Winter 2022 – 10 Weeks
Thursday, January 13 2022 @ 1:00PM - Thursday, March 17 2022 @ 2:30PM EST| $250.00
Have your learner join us this winter for a fun-filled, hands-on investigations into some great World History topics!
In this ten-week course, we will:
- Study a variety of source materials
- Analyze possible scenarios, and
- Work together to answer questions from a variety of disciplines
— all in an attempt to uncover the true stories behind these historical events.
Weekly topics to be covered will include (but not limited to!)
- Shakespeare: Did He Exist? A CSI Investigation! Was William Shakespeare real?
- Marco Polo CSI Investigation: Did Marco Polo Actually Travel to China?
- Maya CSI Investigation: What Happened to the Once-Great Mayan Empire?
- King Tut: Was he murdered? A CSI Investigation on Ancient Egypt! Engaging!
- Julius Caesar Assassination: A CSI Investigation on Julius Caesar & Rome!
- Lost City of Atlantis: A CSI Investigation! What Happened to Atlantis?
- WWI and Gas Warfare: What Made Gas Warfare So Terrifying in World War I?
Students can expect approximately one hour of homework weekly.
NOTE: Registration deadline is December 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of FIVE students to run this class.
How did that happen????
My daughter normally is nervous with history classes because of memorizing dates. It was a breath of fresh air to find a history class that focused on the who, what and why. She was able to organize what she learned her way and retained more information that way. The assignments provided were open ended and allowed my daughter to think how the events may have happened and work on supporting her thought.
It was also a great “camp” in the summer during COVID.