Digital Arts: Introduction to Procreate – Grades 6 – 12
Tuesday, January 10 2023 @ 9:00AM – Tuesday, March 21 2023 @ 10:30AM EST
Grade/Level:6 – 12
Day of Week:Tuesday
Class Times:9:00AM – 10:30AM (ET)
Do you have students who enjoy working digitally and have a creative flair?
This arts workshop will enable students to create art pieces digitally, using the app Procreate. Students will develop comfortability with the platform and learn different techniques in creating. Procreate is a digital toolbox that enables artists to sketch, draw, paint, and collage. This platform enables students to naturally create, with endless options and through various techniques.
Each class will start off with featuring a different digital artist, then there will be an art demo teaching a new technique. Students will then have a Creation Challenge to make a piece featuring that technique. Afterwards students will design, develop, and create personalized projects on Procreate. It will be choice inspired, where students develop an art piece in their area of interest. There will also be themes and prompts to help students develop their own personal ideas.
Outline of Class Structure:
- Sketchbook Challenge
- Class will start with a drawing prompt for creating in Procreate, based on a specific theme.
- Art Inspiration: Featured Digital Artist
- Then the teacher will share artwork of a well-known, current artist. There will be a dialogue and artistic critique about the artwork.
- Art Demo: Procreate Featured Technique
- A specific art technique will be taught each class, to provide inspiration of how students can use Procreate for their envisioned aesthetic.
- At times this demo will be sent prior to class as a flipped classroom video for students to view before class time.
- Art Challenge
- An project based art prompt to enable students to practice the procreate technique learned.
- Open Studio
- This will be incorporated into a class depending on the week.
- Open Studio is where the teacher will meet with students 1:1 to discuss their artistic vision. The teacher will coach students to plan out what kind of digital art piece the student wants to create. Each students’ project will be individualized to their creative visions and interests.
- Depending on the student’s ability and needs, art themes and specific art teaching techniques can be provided to create more structure for the student to create.
- Art Shares
- Towards the end of class, students will share and check in with each other regarding how their art piece is developing. They will provide feedback to each other to create a studio culture of feedback and creative collaboration.
Students will build their confidence, dedication, and art skills through creation. Students will develop art making practice of sketchbook work, learn about artists and an array of digital art-making techniques. Students will have the opportunity to explore Procreate and develop pieces that feature their own artistic voice and expression.
The students will finish the class with a portfolio of artwork including weekly sketchbook work and featured arts pieces. There will also be opportunities for submitting their final art pieces to national competitions such as Celebrating Arts.
NOTE: Registration deadline is December 15, 2022.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.