Genetics and Biotechnology – Grades 8 – 12 – Fall 2021 – Winter 2022 – 20 Weeks
Monday, October 4 2021 @ 9:00AM - Monday, March 21 2022 @ 10:30AM EDT| $400.00
Genetics is the frontier of research in the field of biology. By gaining a deep understanding of genetics, students can begin to branch out in their knowledge of cutting-edge biotechnology techniques.
Instructional strategies include modeling exercises, virtual labs, projects, class discussions, and problem-solving exercises.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate specific knowledge about genetic inheritance and the structure and function of DNA
- Explain different modes of genetic inheritance
- Explain how DNA can be studied and manipulated in biotechnology laboratories to further human knowledge
- Explain the use and general procedure of biotechnology techniques, including PCR and gene splicing
- Communicate effectively about biological subjects
Registration deadline is September 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
Submit a Review for this class:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.