Graphic Novel Creation Club – Grades 5 – 10 – Fall 2021 – 10 Weeks
Thursday, October 7 2021 @ 3:00PM - Thursday, December 23 2021 @ 4:30PM EDT| $250.00
Are Graphic Novels your favourite creative writing medium?
Do you love to read graphic novels until late at night and do you dream up your own characters while you sleep only to feel inspired when you wake up the next morning?
An untrained reader may not be able to discern a graphic novel from a comic book. Fans of both genres have differing opinions on what makes one and what makes the other, but you’re ready to make the leap to not only understand the difference, but also create one of your own!
In this Graphic Novel Creation Club, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Identify yourself as the writer AND the illustrator
- Create a powerful narrative with a compelling storyline
- Create your own Graphic Storyboard
- Illustrate unique characters based on your vision
- Writing effective dialogue that propels plot
- Plot each panel of sequential art
- Develop your own UNIQUE graphic style
Each class is unique. And each course plan is adapted on the spot to meet the students’ individual and collective needs, but the basic class structure for Graphic Novel Creation Club is as follows:
- 0-15 min: Introductions and Ice Breakers
- 15-25 min: Discover a new graphic novel chapter
- 25-35 min: Critique Journal, Writer’s prompt
- 35-50 min: Sharing and Feedback. If desired, students will take turns sharing their work and also provide positive and constructive feedback to others.
- 50-75 min: Break out rooms and/or individual writing/illustrating
- 75-90 min: Closing remarks, Q&A
Students can register for as many sessions of this 10-week Graphic Novel Creation Club as they please. Each class experience is unique when we work on a new creative writing project or continue a longer one.
In this class, students will have the opportunity to start and complete up to 5 chapters of one of the following products with supervision from a published author:
- Superhero graphic novel
- Non-superhero graphic novel
- Personal narrative (autobiographical) graphic novel
- Manga graphic novel
- Non-fiction graphic novel
- And more! (your medium isn’t listed here? Well, this is definitely the BEST place to come and show your classmates your unique graphic medium!)
Registration deadline is September 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
Submit a Review for this class:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.