Introduction to Statistics for Middle School Students – Grades 6 – 8 – Spring 2022 – 10 Weeks
Monday, March 28 2022 @ 1:00PM - Monday, June 13 2022 @ 2:30PM EDT| $250.00
We live in a time of technology with a wealth of information and data available at our fingertips. It is important to be able to analyze and interpret all the data presented to us! Learning statistics not only helps us understand numerical data, it also helps us think critically when interpreting any information. This class will provide a strong foundational overview in the area of statistics. Learners will also be able to apply what they learn in this class to future stats and science classes.
The instructor will teach new concepts in statistics weekly, while providing real-world examples. Students will be encouraged to take part in discussion about real-world applications of concepts. Hands-on activities during class will further enhance the learners understanding of concepts and make it fun!
- Students will have a strong foundational understanding in the concepts of statistics.
- Students will be able to identify and calculate central tendency measures.
- Students will understand how scientists collect data for experiments.
- Students will know how to interpret various graphs and identify manipulated data.
- Students will understand concepts basic concepts in inferential statistics.
Students should expect to complete about 1 hour of homework weekly. An end-of-class assignment the last week should be expected to take 2-4 hours over the course of 3 weeks.
Registration deadline is March 1, 2022.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
Submit a Review for this class:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.