Neuroscience and Mind Hacks (Mindfulness Exercises) – Grades 6 – 8 – Fall 2021 and Winter 2022- 20 Weeks
Tuesday, October 5 2021 @ 1:00PM - Tuesday, March 22 2022 @ 2:30PM EDT| $400.00
Our brains are truly fascinating! It is amazing to think of all the things our brains do in the span of a day. Understanding brain anatomy and functions of each brain region helps us to be mindful of our experiences. This class will focus on neuroanatomy and the neuroscience behind mindfulness.
This class will have plenty of hands-on activities and class discussions on topics. The instructor will provide instruction and guidance on topics. Students will keep a brain journal throughout class.
- Have an understanding of neuroanatomy
- Be able to identify brain regions and activities that correlate with each region
- Understand mirror neurons
- Identify their emotional brain and triggers along with implement coping strategies
- Understand how stress affects the brain and implement healthy stress responses
- Identify differences in long-term and short-term memory
- Have a deeper understanding of emotional intelligence
Weekly homework will typically consist of finishing journaling assignments or other assigned activities. It should take no more than one hour a week for homework assignments.
NOTE: Registration deadline is September 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
Submit a Review for this class:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.