Neuroscience and Mind Hacks (Mindfulness Exercises)- Wednesday – Fall 2022 & Winter 2023 – 10 weeks – Grades 6 -8
Wednesday, August 31 2022 @ 11:00AM – Wednesday, December 14 2022 @ 12:30PM EDT
Instructor Email:[email protected]
Grade/Level:6 – 8
Day of Week:Wednesday
Class Times:11:00AM – 12:30PM (ET)
Our brains are truly fascinating! It is amazing to think of all the things our brains do in the span of a day. Understanding brain anatomy and functions of each brain region helps us to be mindful of our experiences. This class will focus on neuroanatomy and the neuroscience behind mindfulness.
This class will have plenty of hands-on activities and class discussions on topics. The instructor will provide instruction and guidance on topics. Students will keep a brain journal throughout class.
- Have an understanding of neuroanatomy
- Be able to identify brain regions and activities that correlate with each region
- Understand mirror neurons
- Identify their emotional brain and triggers along with implement coping strategies
- Understand how stress affects the brain and implement healthy stress responses
- Identify differences in long-term and short-term memory
- Have a deeper understanding of emotional intelligence
NOTE: Registration deadline is August 15, 2022.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
This was a fun and interesting course for my daughter. Ms. Getson is a kind and sweet teacher with a homeschooling background which served our family well. Lots of hands-on assignments instead of boring book work. I would highly recommend this course!
Mrs. Geston is an excellent teacher. She gives clear and excellent lectures and fun projects. She is very kind and was understanding of the accommodations we had to make for the class due to our daughter’s special needs. We both learned a lot!