Neuroscience and Mind Hacks (Mindfulness Exercises)- Wednesday – Winter 2024 – 10 weeks – Grades 6 -8
Wednesday, January 10 2024 @ 11:00AM – Wednesday, March 20 2024 @ 12:30PM EST
Grade/Level:6 – 8
Day of Week:Wednesday
Class Times:11:00AM – 12:30PM (ET)
Our brains are truly fascinating! It is amazing to think of all the things our brains do in the span of a day. Understanding brain anatomy and functions of each brain region helps us to be mindful of our experiences. This class will focus on neuroanatomy and the neuroscience behind mindfulness.
This class will have plenty of hands-on activities and class discussions on topics. The instructor will provide instruction and guidance on topics. Students will keep a brain journal throughout class.
- Have an understanding of neuroanatomy
- Be able to identify brain regions and activities that correlate with each region
- Understand mirror neurons
- Identify their emotional brain and triggers along with implement coping strategies
- Understand how stress affects the brain and implement healthy stress responses
- Identify differences in long-term and short-term memory
- Have a deeper understanding of emotional intelligence
NOTE: This class must reach the minimum of five students by August 20th to run. If we do not reach this minimum, parents will be notified via email.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.