- This event has passed.
Note Taking: An Introduction – Four Session Workshop – Grades 5-9 – Summer 2021
Tuesday, May 4 2021 @ 11:00AM - Tuesday, June 8 2021 @ 12:30PM EDT| $80.00
In this four session workshop, taught by Jonathan Meola, participants will learn effective and practical tools for evaluating, organizing, and summarizing information, and make their class notes meaningful and useful.
Whether this information is learned in the classroom, or found within reading assignments and research sources, it is important that the learner’s class notes serve as a useful, organized summary that help make the most important information stick.
We will meet on May 4, May 25, June 1 and June 8.
All learners should have:
- Legal pads or spiral notebook with lined paper
- Colored pens, pencils, and highlighters
- Access to Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- (OPTIONAL) Old magazines with various photos (that can be cut up), or
- Access to a printer for printing out clip art
- Working webcam and microphone are preferred for full participation in this class
- We will use chat log for primary communication
- Webcam/microphone will allow students to share their work with the instructor and class in real-time
All other materials will be provided.
- Each class session will last between 70-90 minutes depending on content and pacing.
- Our goal is to have your children learn something NEW!!!
Please ONLY register for this workshop if it is DEVELOPMENTALLY appropriate for your child.
Homework will be given – along with follow up ideas for parents to implement.
We hope to see you there!
Registration is open until 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, April 27th.
Minimum five students to run ANY class.