Sprucing up your Study Skills – Grades 6 – 9 – Fall 2021 – 10 Weeks
Monday, October 4 2021 @ 3:00PM - Monday, December 13 2021 @ 4:30PM EDT| $250.00
Good study habits and techniques are critical to help students learn more efficiently, feel more academically confident, persevere through challenges, and ultimately do their best. Sometimes, it’s easy to assume that learners already have these skills intact. The truth is that they sometimes don’t; many learners might not actually know how to study for tests or how to keep their binders organized. While these skills can be a challenge for many students, they are skills that can be improved over time.
This class will focus on the study skills that today’s students need in order to succeed in an academic setting (of any kind). The students will learn organization, time management, note-taking, test-taking strategies, work prioritization, and how to study. It does not matter how hard you study if you are not studying in an effective manner. This course teaches kids how to study smarter, not harder.
By the end of the course:
- Students will be able to effectively set-up and organize folders, notebooks, and binders.
- Students will be able to set-up and utilize a calendar and planner.
- Students will be able to take complete and informative notes.
- Students will be able to make their own study-guide.
- Students will be able to effectively manage their time.
- Students will be able to prepare for and successfully take tests using the strategies that they have learned
Participation is an absolute to make the most of this class. Participation happens in two ways: (1) through students speaking out loud OR (2) through typing in the chat log. Students may opt to what method of participation they prefer.
Homework is approximately 1.5 hours a week. Each week the student will be given an assignment related to the topic being studied. Some of the assignments may require students to create videos, take pictures and practice the skills they will be utilizing for their academic life!
Give your child the skills they need for high school and college!
Registration deadline is September 15, 2021.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.