STEAM Lunar Space Camp – Summer 2023 – Grades 5-8
Monday, July 10 2023 @ 1:00PM – Friday, July 21 2023 @ 2:30PM EDT
Day of Week:
NCAA Core Course Status:
Are you ready to live on the moon?
Join us in the preparation to inhabit our nearest neighbor. Learn about robotic missions which lead to a human presence. Design a human mission with the intent that going back means a permanent presence there. Build your version of the Gateway Space Station that will orbit the moon for research and the launch of spacecraft to the surface.
Explore how to land astronauts softly with your own design. Design and build a Lunar Terrain Vehicle (LTV) to explore the moon’s surface. Discover how plants will be grown for food and what will be needed for this. Liftoff into space with a rocket which you will build and launch fueled by air pressure, learning about payload weight restrictions.
Through the course of this camp, we will discuss the design of a lunar base camp and the culminating activity is where you will build your version of what that will look like. This will be a model of where people will live and work. Going back to the moon will prepare for the next step, sending humans to Mars.
Ready to have a blast? The countdown starts now!
- Importance of Robotic Craft – Satellites and on the Surface
- Design a Human Mission & Goals to Land on the Moon
- Crew Selection (Fitting in and Getting Along)
- Astronaut Training for the Trip
- Design a Lunar Mission Patch
- Suiting Up for a Trip to the Moon
- Design a Rocket to Launch to the Moon
- Design and Build a Gateway Space Station
- Design and Build a Spacecraft for Astronauts to Land Softly on the Moon
- Design and Build a Rover
- Robotic Arm
- Plants in Space for Food
- Funding, Politics and Space Law
- How does going back to the Moon Help Humanity?
- Design and Build a Lunar Community Habitat
NOTE: Registration deadline is July 1, 2023. There must be a minimum of FIVE students to run this class.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.