STEAM Mars Space Camp – Summer 2023 – Grades 5-8
Monday, July 31 2023 @ 1:00PM – Friday, August 11 2023 @ 2:30PM EDT
Day of Week:
NCAA Core Course Status:
Are you ready to live on the planet Mars?
Join us in the preparation to inhabit another planet. Learn about robotic missions which are leading to a human presence. Design a human mission with the intent that going there means a permanent presence.
Going to Mars will be much more difficult so the right people will have to be selected for such a long journey. Explore how to land astronauts softly with your own design. Design and build a Mars Terrain Vehicle (MTV) to explore the Martian surface. Discover how plants will be grown for food and what will be needed for this. How will we make oxygen to breathe and use for fuel? Liftoff into space with a rocket which you will build and launch fueled by air pressure, learning about payload weight restrictions.
Through the course of this camp we will discuss the design of a Mars base camp and the culminating activity is where you will build your version of what that will look like. This will be a model of where people will live and work.
Ready to leave Earth? The countdown starts now!
- Importance of Robotic Craft – Satellites and on the Surface
- Design a Human Mission & Goals to Land on Mars
- Crew Selection (Fitting in and Getting Along)
- Astronaut Training for the Trip
- Design a Mars Mission Patch
- Suiting Up for a Trip to Mars
- Design a Rocket to Launch to Mars
- Design and Build a Spacecraft for Astronauts to Land Softly on Mars
- Design and Build a Rover
- Robotic Arm
- Plants in Space for Food
- Funding and Politics and Space Law
- How does sending humans to Mars Help Humanity?
- Design and Build a Mars Community Habitat
NOTE: Registration deadline is July 20, 2023. There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this camp.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.