Traveling the World: Introduction to Geography – The Seven Continents & Five Oceans – Thursday – Fall 2022 – 10 Weeks – Grades 2 – 4
Thursday, September 1 2022 @ 1:00PM – Thursday, December 8 2022 @ 2:30PM EDT
Instructor:Eva Goldstein Meola
Grade/Level:2 – 4
Day of Week:Thursday
Class Times:1:00PM – 2:30PM (ET)
This 10-week course is designed to create a basic understanding of the world around us by visiting the seven continents of the world. We begin with a basic lesson about where the continents are located and the five major oceans on Earth. Then, in subsequent weeks, the students will explore the geography of each continent to include important landmarks, the people, animals, the climate and at least one country on each continent. Each student will keep a “Travel Journal” and share their “imaginary trip” after each week’s studies.
Each student should have a good understanding of the location of each continent, some of its countries, people, culture, and landmarks by the end of the class.
By the end of the course:
- Students will be able to effectively name the seven continents and proper location on a flat world map or a globe.
- Students will be able to freely talk about basic facts of the continents.
- Students will be able to name at least two important landmarks for each of the seven continents, as well as where the landmarks are located and why the landmarks are important.
- Students will complete a travel journal that includes facts about each continent.
- Students will complete a quick, easy, but educational project for each continent unit. (Project may be maps, drawings, writings, crafts as assigned by the teacher.) Projects will be shown and shared in the class on due date given.
Students MUST have handouts printed out during class. We will be filling out maps together!
Students will receive approximately one hour of homework.
NOTE: Registration deadline is August 15, 2022.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.