Wonders of the World: Combining Reading, Geography, History and Creativity – Grades 2 – 5 – Spring 2022 – 10 Weeks
Tuesday, March 29 2022 @ 11:00AM - Tuesday, June 14 2022 @ 12:30PM EDT| $250.00
- Day of Week
- Class Times
- 11:00AM - 12:30PM (ET)
- Eva Goldstein-Meola
- Instructor Email:
- [email protected]
- 2 - 5
Pack your bags.
Get ready to set off on a trip around the globe.
During this 10- week class, we will be visiting locations that are considered Wonders of the World.
Using the “Where Is…” series, students will read and virtually visit amazing locations! The series will bring powerful information on people, places and events! These books appeal to both boys and girls and are designed for seasoned readers and reluctant readers alike!
During class, we will discuss the book they read. Additionally, they will share their “book-based” mini project. The mini projects are meant to spark creativity. Projects can be drawings, paintings, Lego bu8ilds, dioramas, poetry or anything your child would like to share to express what they learned the week before. Projects will be shared during the class meeting time, which will encourage public speaking, allowing learners to talk to each other and make friends!
These can be purchased or borrowed from the local library. Please see on anticipated week-by-week when you will need each book:
- Where are the Great Pyramids? by Dorothy Hoobler
- Where is the Colosseum? by Jim O’Connor
- Where is Mount Everest? by Nico Medina
- Where is The Great Wall of China? by Patricia Brennan Demuth
- Where is The Great Barrier Reef? by Nico Medina
- Where is Machu Picchu? by Megan Stine
- Where is Stonehenge? by True Kelly
- Where is the Parthenon? by Roberta Edward
Students should expect about two hours of homework weekly.
- Students will need to read the book of the week.
- Students will need to create their “mini project” to reflect the last class’s knowledge.
Registration deadline is March 1, 2022.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.