Amanda and her husband live in breathtaking Western North Carolina with their 5 children ages 16, 13, 10, 8 and 5. She enjoys camping with her children and homeschool friends many weeks out of the summer.
Amanda holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Western Carolina University. She began her teaching career in the public school system. There she enjoyed teaching second and fifth grades. After several years, and with three children of her own, she began homeschooling her oldest child. She has been homeschooling for the past nine years and loves the flexibility it lends to her family.
Two years into homeschooling Amanda began serving on her local Homeschooling Association Board of Directors. Here she helped lead a group of over 300 families. She was the director of Enrichment Classes for the past seven years. Amanda began teaching online three years ago. Her teaching style is laid back with lots of humor. Last year Amanda stepped out and began a local homeschool community business where she teaches middle and high school courses alongside her best friend. These classes are taught to local students both online and in person. Amanda is extremely excited to be branching out further into the online teaching world.
- World Literature – Fall 2021 – Winter 2022$400.00
- Introduction to Literature and Composition – Fall 2021 – Winter 2022$400.00
- British Literature – Fall 2021 – Winter 2022$400.00
- American Literature: A Journey into Great Literary Works – Fall 2021 – Winter 2022$400.00
- Tuck Everlasting – Spring 2021$250.00
- The Giver – Spring 2021$250.00